Thursday, November 15, 2007

Honesty

I have been thinking alot about honestly lately. Sometimes it can be cruel and unnecessary and other times can gain you respect and solve problems. I am one of those people who just wants everyone to like me and everyone to get along no matter what. I guess I just don't want to be one of those people who just says whatever they think regardless of the consequences or other's feelings. I am constantly apologizing for something I said that I'm afraid might be taken wrong and I think it annoys people. I don't handle conflict very well and sometimes would rather "tell a little white lie" than cause any trouble. Then I go home and stew about my true feelings on the subject.
So lately, I've been more honest, in a tactful way. It's such a great feeling to actually let people see the real me.
The fact is, people are going to have conflict and have issues with others...even perfect little me...jk!!! And I can't fix it all. There's alot of freedom in that and perhaps it will deepen some of my relationships.

3 comments:

April said...

Good for you! It's so hard to be honest sometimes. I think we all struggle with that to some extent!

Martha A. said...

You sure do not apolygize like we used to.....Kathy was saying she wants to go crazy sometimes with all of that!

Anyhow, honesty is good...as long as we do it in a way that is honoring to God.

Montana said...

Well said! I have the same problem. Justin has been telling me for 2 years now to stop apologizing so much. Guess what the first response out of my mouth is....yeah..."I'm sorry, I'll stop!"
Carolyn