Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

 Eric's Kindergarten Christmas Concert was last week and it was soooo cute!
Joe's parents and my sisters, Martha and Miriam came to see him and it made him so excited.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

Eric was concentrating so much that it was hard to get him to look at us to take a picture. He told me later "I was so embarrassed, Mom". That's his way of saying he was shy to have people looking at him, lol.


He got every word and really enjoys singing.

Shawn started to fuss until Grandpa held him and let him see the performance and then he sat there the content the whole rest of the time. It was so cute!
Eric and his Miriam

June, Jessina and Jeannie
 Our Italian family has always had a tradition to eat raviolis on Christmas. Growing up we always made our own and we have continued that tradition which is really neat to pass on to our kids. This year we had my extended family come over, my aunts: June and Jeannie and my cousins: April and Jessina. It was so fun to visit and "help" Martha make the raviolis.
April, Martha and Monica

Martha, Lynette and Kendra

 On Christmas Eve, Joe and I go to his parents house and this year we took some my family with us. We had a wonderful meal of lasagna, green salad, ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans! Then we did a little white elephant game which is always alot of laughs!
Cody (BIL), Gareth, Shawn, Kip and Sandi (FIL and MIL)

Jon, Joe, Shawn, Monica and Jennica (SIL)

 Christmas Morning
sideways pic....Opening the stocking

A book...my favorite

So excited to get Woody from his cousin Will

A phone...my favorite toy, thanks cousin Jake!

Mark

Monica

Mom

My favorite picture
 Eric made Joe a framed letter, painted him a mug and gave him a big bag of gummi bears!!



 For gifts we did a secret Santa exchange for the kids: 10 on down.

For the adults we usually do a secret Santa too but this year we all got a $30-$50 present and then we played a "while elephant" type game where we got to pick and steal presents from others! It was so fun and everyone ended up with some great stuff!





Joe playing with the hover craft I got him for Christmas. I was really proud of myself because I have a hard time coming up with stuff to get for him. Joe's brother, Ted, gave me the idea (Thanks, Ted!) It was a big hit with not only Joe but all the other guys too!
All the grandkids!

 Back row: Lee, Lynette, Hans, Kendra, Paul holding Shawn
Front row: Eric holding Ellina, Eliza, Gareth and Tony


Shawn but he was grumpy cause his teeth hurt

Joe and his wonderful and silly helpers, Lynette and Kendra

It was a great Christmas and I am very thankful for a nice relaxing day and wonderful family! 
Happy Birthday, Jesus!

1 comment:

Martha A. said...

Those are some nice pictures!!!