Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Family Camp

I got back from Family Camp on Sunday and was completely exhausted. It was fun but tiring....maybe from lack of sleep. It was just Gina and Eric and I that ended up going. The camp was held in Plains, MT, about a 1.5 hour drive from where I live. You can kinda see the "P" on the hill for Plains. Most Montana towns have a letter on the mountain or hill for the town.

We would get up and eat breakfast at 8:00 am. Then there were optional mini-bible studies. The one I went to was called "Laugh your way to a better marriage". It was really funny and interesting. Then we had lunch at 12pm and free time until 5:30 when we ate dinner. The Camp was held at a fair ground with buildings for eating etc but no dorms. I decided to try to set up camp in an old concession building. This is what it looked like.

The first night I tried sleeping there but it was too cold and also a little gross, (dead bugs, mouse droppings etc). So the next night I slept in my car....laid the seats down and a egg carton mattress topped with towels. We were nice and warm and didn't have to worry about spiders. Here is a pic of my bed:


In the evening we had a service. The worship was let by a Christian Rock band called the Angie Raess Band. They were very good and excellent musicians. The speakers at the camp were professional actors from CA who also do comedy ministry. There were very funny and really kept your attention while getting their point across. It was really refreshing. I think everyone really enjoyed it.

I wish I had taken more pics....here are some more.






Our Friend Pam Knight


Bonnie Khenne, we kinda substituted her for Mom. She and Mom are alot alike and I really missed Mom at camp.

No comments: