Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gilmore Girls

Current mood: sad

As I sat bored and wondering what to watch, it started to wash over me like a flood of melancholy waves.
Memories of that fateful day. When it happened. And without warning. To me anyway.

"sniff, sniff". Blows nose loudly.

Gilmore Girls ended. I know it's been a while but it's as fresh to me as if it were yesterday. I can't believe I even just typed those words. I am aghast, horrified, devastated, undone, disbelieving, without hope....

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't end it like they did. But I guess they really can't have Rory get married. Then the "Gilmore Girls" wouldn't be the "Gilmore Girls.

I know I'm probably the only one in the world who is so upset but it has meant a lot to me and impacted my life in ways I can never describe.

It will be missed, not only in my heart but on Tuesday nights when I turn to the DVR only to find is empty, devoid of any "real" shows to watch.

My finger will never push play on a new episode, never laugh uncontrollably at something Lorelei said (..stops to think "have I ever done that?), never see Kirk's disturbingly weird stomach/chest area.

Ok this is really getting old.
Just thought I'd share.
I'm not really that pathetic, at least I hope not.

1 comment:

Martha A. said...

you are funny.....I read something very similar on another woman's blog so don't worry, you are not alone!