Tuesday, July 24, 2007

busy busy

So we have alot of things happening at once. The most exciting thing is that I got a new car. Joe and I have been thinking about it for a while because my car has a lot of miles on it and has been needing a lot of repairs. It also tended to go just go dead with no apparent notice. Usually it chose to do that when I was late and hopping in the car at the last minute.
We also wanted to get something with 4Wheel Drive since our road is in very bad condition and the winter is almost impossible. We ending up getting a Toyota Rav4 which drives like a little car but has more room and is an SUV. Here are some pictures.





Now Joe is thinking about getting a truck because he uses his car for hauling stuff so much for work and he needs more towing abilities.

So besides that, we have the Laudadio Family reunion coming up this week. People start to get here today and will be here until Mon. It's going to be alot of fun and maybe chaos. We've been trying to avoid that by planning everything very thoroughly. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

I also painted my kitchen and partial living room. Right after we put the first coat on, a large wind, lightning, and rain storm came up and we were without electricity until morning. Reminds me that I need to get more emergency lighting. Unfortunately what I have is a few candles that put off very little light. It's interesting how when you have no TV and everything is dark, you realize that there is nothing to do but go to bed. I guess thats why back in the day, they would rise with the sun and go to bed with the sun. Not my ideal schedule!!!

No comments: