Monday, July 2, 2007

Originally posted June 25th, 2007

Right now, Joe is in Idaho with his family. I miss him and wish I could be down there with him. His Grandfather passed away yesterday. It's really hard on everyone. He was a very successful man and it's very sad when someone dies and the family argues about money. I'm afraid that will happen here but I hope not. I think time with family is priceless and when they are gone, money is the least thing to think about.

Life has been a little crazy. We've been trying to get yard work done and I planted the flower-beds finally. Petunias, lilies, daisies, marigolds, miniature roses, and a bunch of little flowers I don't know the names of. We also built a gigantic storage shed on our property which is finished except for the tin on the roof. It was really neat because it was something we did together. Joe and I raised the walls all by ourselves. I'm sure he lifted more weight than me!! We have been renting a small unit for a while and it's such a pain to get to. Now we can organize our ski equipment, tools, tires etc so we can get to it. It's so nice.

The group of ladies I exercise with every week did a "Boot Camp" for the month of June. 6 AM, yep, it's way too early. But I guess I am really committed to staying fit because I've actually been getting up and going. The only times I've missed is when Joe had to go to work early and couldn't stay with Eric. We flip tires, pull a tire across the yard, run laps etc. It's hard but good. The only problem I had is that when I got home, I was wheezing really bad and couldn't get a breath. I've had a cough for several months but after this episode decided to finally go the the doctor. I've never had any trouble with asthma although it runs in my family so it was very scary for me to not be able to breath. Basically, the doctor said my lungs are irritated and inflamed from the cough and haven't been able to heal. So I'm using an inhaler for two weeks and it seems to help.

I belong to a MOPS group (mothers of preschoolers) and we participated in a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society; Relay for Life. It's a 12 hour, all night event where you walk for a cure. Our group raise almost $2,000 so it was definitely a success. It's really fun to hang out with other Moms too because everyone understands and isn't going to give you dirty looks if your child misbehaves. They have been there too.

Well, I think I'll stop for now. I love you all.

No comments: