Monday, July 2, 2007

Watch your back, you never know when there is a dog ready to bite

Originally posted June 26th, 2007
Yeah, it was bizarre. I got bit by the neighbors dog yesterday. It all started when I noticed it rained and I had left my windows in the car down. So I went out, turned the key, rolled them up and forgot to turn off the key. (by the way, who does that, I mean that is pretty air-headed to leave a key on). Anyway, so I am getting in my car to take my grandma to the foot doctor and it won't start. I spot my unsuspecting neighbor talking on the phone on his porch so I go over there to ask him to jump my car. The whole time I'm talking to him this dog is growling and barking at me. I turn to walk away and he lunges at me and nips me in my upper thigh. So now I sit, with a sore leg and sore arm from a Tetanus shot. The bite wasn't bad although it did puncture the skin. The neighbor felt very bad and offered to pay for anything I needed.

The lesson I learned is to stop giving dogs the benefit of the doubt. I always think "hm, he looks and sounds like he wants to rip me to shreds but his bark is probably worse than his bite". Well, now, I will always assume they have evil intent.

1 comment:

Martha A. said...

Hey, well, i guess it one area where thinking negative may not be such a bad idea?